An Online Program that Saves Lives—and Costs
The EX Program is a digital tobacco cessation program that personalizes the quitting journey for each participant. Our interactive, self-paced, guided quit plan provides the specialized support tobacco users need for the behavioral, social, and physical aspects of tobacco addiction.
The EX Plan includes:
- Video and digital content on preparing to quit, building a support system, and more
- Interactive tools to identify triggers and track tobacco use patterns
- Tailored emails to a participant’s quit status
- English and Spanish versions available to participants
The EX Plan has helped more than 910,000 tobacco users develop the skills and confidence that are critical for a successful quit.See how we help your organization too
When tobacco users have a question or craving, their EX Coach is there. Any time, anywhere through live chat, EX Coaches offer support in English and Spanish. Our tobacco treatment experts understand how this addiction affects each person’s life differently and how best to overcome it.
EX Coaches help participants:
- Set a quit date and develop their EX Plan
- Build confidence and motivation
- Choose the right quit medication and dosage and coordinate delivery
- Avoid relapse by managing cravings and stress without cigarettes
EX Coaches are supervised by the Mayo Clinic Nicotine Dependence Center clinical team. Our coaches have years of experience helping thousands of people quit using tobacco.See how we help your organization too
The EX Program’s robust text messaging platform delivers interactive and tailored messages based on how the tobacco user has—or hasn’t—engaged with the program. Other text messaging programs provide static content that doesn’t consider the progress that users are making in their quitting journey.
Fully integrated with the EX Plan, our text messaging program changes with our users to deliver a relevant, timely, and compelling series of messages that participants can receive in English or Spanish. Our research shows that this dynamic, personalized approach delivered via text message increases the number of participants who set a quit date and complete steps in the EX Plan.
With a simple opt-in at registration, users receive:
- Encouragement and feedback about chatting with an EX Coach and using quit-smoking medication and the EX Plan
- On-demand support for cravings, relapse, and stress
- Quit smoking medication guidance and tips for continued use
- Optional content related to pregnancy, new motherhood, heart disease, diabetes, and parents of kids who vape
- Tailored e-cigarette messaging to help people ages 18+
Using quitting medications can double the chances of quitting successfully. EX Coaches help people find the right medication to work for them.
The program also provides home delivery for four weeks of nicotine patches, gum or lozenges. This connection and support engages participants and improves medication adherence.See how we help your organization too
Tailored Support for Chronic Conditions
People with chronic conditions who use tobacco need tailored support to quit now more than ever.
Tobacco users are more at risk for adverse outcomes with COVID-19 and comorbidities that can make their already challenging conditions even worse.
To help those with a chronic condition navigate quitting tobacco in a way that’s meaningful and effective, the EX Program offers:
Personalized text messaging content for tobacco users with heart disease and/or diabetes
EX Coaches who are trained on chronic conditions and tobacco use
Peer support through our active online EX Community, with specific content on tobacco use and COPD, diabetes, heart disease and more
Expert content on chronic conditions, created in collaboration with Mayo Clinic, to inform and guide decisions
Your Participant's Journey with the EX Program
Meet Your Organization's New Partner
The EX Program offers lots of benefits for your population. As your partner, we also make sure you get the data, reporting, and resources you need.
Data on Program
Want More Information?
Contact us to see a demo or tell us about your organization’s specific needs. We’re here to help.
We’ll be in touch within 24 hours.
If you’re a current tobacco user and want to quit, register at BecomeAnEX.org.