An Online Program that Saves Lives—and Costs
The EX Program is a digital tobacco cessation program that personalizes the quitting journey for each participant. Our interactive, self-paced, guided quit plan provides the specialized support tobacco users need for the behavioral, social, and physical aspects of tobacco addiction.
The EX Plan includes:
- Video and digital content on preparing to quit, building a support system, and more
- Interactive tools to identify triggers and track tobacco use patterns
- Tailored emails to a participant’s quit status
The EX Plan has helped more than 800,000 tobacco users develop the skills and confidence that are critical for a successful quit.See how we help your organization too
When tobacco users have a question or craving, their EX Coach is there. Any time, anywhere through live chat, EX Coaches offer support. Our tobacco treatment experts understand how this addiction affects each person’s life differently and how best to overcome it.
EX Coaches help participants:
- Set a quit date and develop their EX Plan
- Build confidence and motivation
- Choose the right quit medication and dosage and coordinate delivery
- Avoid relapse by managing cravings and stress without cigarettes
EX Coaches are supervised by the Mayo Clinic Nicotine Dependence Center clinical team. Our coaches have years of experience helping thousands of people quit using tobacco.See how we help your organization too
The EX Program’s robust text messaging platform delivers interactive and tailored messages based on how the tobacco user has—or hasn’t—engaged with the program. Other text messaging programs provide static content that doesn’t consider the progress that users are making in their quitting journey.
Fully integrated with the EX Plan, our text messaging program changes with our users to deliver a relevant, timely, and compelling series of messages. Our research shows that this dynamic, personalized approach delivered via text message increases the number of participants who set a quit date and complete steps in the EX Plan.
With a simple opt-in at registration, users receive:
- Encouragement and feedback about chatting with an EX Coach and using quit-smoking medication and the EX Plan
- On-demand support for cravings, relapse, and stress
- Quit smoking medication guidance and tips for continued use
- Optional content related to pregnancy and new motherhood
- Tailored e-cigarette messaging to help people of all ages quit
Using quitting medications can double the chances of quitting successfully. EX Coaches help people find the right medication to work for them.
The program also provides home delivery for four weeks of nicotine patches, gum or lozenges. This connection and support engages participants and improves medication adherence.See how we help your organization too
Your Participant's Journey with the EX Program
Meet Your Organization's New Partner
The EX Program offers lots of benefits for your population. As your partner, we also make sure you get the data, reporting, and resources you need.
Data on Program
Want More Information?
Contact us to see a demo or tell us about your organization’s specific needs. We’re here to help.
We’ll be in touch within 24 hours.
If you’re a current tobacco user and want to quit, register at BecomeAnEX.org.